Site Meter

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Perfect Melancholy

Yesterday I got sent home from work early. The reason being that I lost the head with an irate customer and told her to fuck off! Of course I didn't though. No, the store isn't meeting targets so they're desperate to cut hours. I could've said 'No, my contract clearly states that I am to work 35 hours a week and I am entitled to work them' but the sun was shining and I could think of a million better ways to spend the day. Like chairty shop shopping.

Me and Butter Face did the rounds with me whinging the whole time for him to hurry up. He could spend hours in a charity shop whereas I can spend no longer than 5 minutes. It's the same in TK Maxx. Jamie can trawl through their rails all day while I look at 3 things, hate them all and decide that everything in the shop is crap. I just don't have the patience to seek out the one good thing in amongst all the toot.

Jamie did well. He got himself a new shirt, trousers, shoes and a tie and some books for his mum that she'd already read. I also got a book called Personality Plus. It's one of them books that gives you lists of words and asks you to choose what one is most like you and then all the words you choose determine which personality type you are. You know the type of book that claims there are only 4 different types of people in the whole world and you will all fall into either one of these categories. I am a Perfect Melancholy: The Introvert The Thinker The Pessimist. Imagine how chuffed I was to find this out. This basically means I am an uptight moody cow who is insecure and has high standards for myself and for others. The book also says that a typical Perfect Melancholy will say things like that. On the other hand, I am faithful and devoted, sensitive to others and appreciative of beauty. So I'm not all bad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time we're over Linda and Jamie can go charity shop shopping while we go to the pub. xxx

hootchinhannah said...

Sounds like a plan dad. Good job there are at least as many pubs in Ballymena as there are charity shops.

Anonymous said...

The person belonging to Perfect Melancholy temperatement is either in the top or in the last but can never in the middle of the road. So feel proud of yourself. Think of ur defects and solve it with love and compassion. U r a thinker so must think how to be in top.

hootchinhannah said...

Thank you anonymous. It's nice to be shown a different (optimistic) way of looking at things.

Anonymous said...

Lol I sure am glad I read the whole thing. I was about to tell you "The book SAID that PMs are hesitant to accept that they fit into a box! And you just proved it!" But yeah... I feel dumb now! lol. Wish I could be a Popular Sanguine!

hootchinhannah said...

I've since decided to ignore my inbuilt personality traits and be a Popular Sanguine instead. Much more fun!

Mon said...

I am a PERFECT MELANCHOLY as well. I read the personality types typed PERFECT MELANCHOLY into Google and found your blog entry. Your blog is interesting, and I have book marked it.