Site Meter

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tinkerton Is Tempting

I'm seriously thinking about going for Nelly's job in Tinkerton when she quits it. Even that would be better than standing in front of a car, with a clip board, asking people if they want a copy of the Next Directory. Poeple are so untrusting of people standing in front of cars with clip boards. I don't blame them for I am too.

I am sick of all the bullshit that goes with my job. How the workers are not only expected to work their asses off bending over backwards for ungrateful customers but also act as walking advertisements for the merchandise. One week the manager is telling us she wants to see us in lots of nice accessories, the next week she's saying no more jewellery, it's too hard to tell if people are buying it on discount or stealing it. You wouldn't want to but the jewellery anyway, it falls to pieces in weeks.

Me and Jamface joined Bert and some of his chums for a day's frolicking in Portglenone. Me and Jamie didn't stay to see the Red Hot Chili Pipers but we enjoyed some local talent in O'Connell's and if Bert had seen those weans on the whistles he'd have been green with jealousy. Apart from that we have done nothing but watch Neighbours. Evil Rob Rob's not defeated yet.

2 comments:

Nelly said...

You could gve all your broken Nixt! jewellery to Auntie T to recycle into funky earrings to sell to t'tourists in Dingle.

When I told a colleague you were thinking of looking for employment in my soon-to-be former workplace he said, "I thought you loved your daughter?"

hootchinhannah said...

I like the pun. They should chnage they're name to Nixt. And it's all them wee shites in Tinkerton that are thieving from them. At least they wouldn't be thieving off me anymore if I worked up there.