Site Meter

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Weekend

My week off from work was bliss. I pottered about, played lots of literati and made Jamie his lunch and dinner every day. I realised that although I'd probably hate it I'd make a pretty good house-wife. Note I said house-wife and not domestic goddess.

Tomingus Domingus arrived on Thursday evening. We woke up Friday morning and headed into town to visit the shop that sells Polish food stuffs. Bert has been ranting and raving about this place for weeks. Telling me the stuff's amazing although he doesn't know what the half of it is. I bought some Birch Juice and some kiwi jelly.

Later on Tom and I went for a walk in the park. We got excited about the different kinds of trees and tried to work out which ones were which. Botany's not my best subject though so it was tough. We then met up with my friend Meghan and had a couple of drinks with her. We headed back home for some dinner then went to pick up Zoe to take her for a drink. We left at a respectable hour, went to the off-licence and then went back home for a game of Trivial Pursuit. Tomingus won, Jamie came second and me last. I didn't care though because I'd got 4 pieces of pie which is more than I ever get when I play. Go me.

Saturday morning we took Tom to Glenarife Forest even though that's where we take everyone when they come to visit. He loved it there and didn't complain atall. We then went for some lunch in Cushendun and finished off with a drive along the Torr Road. After that we went home and later went to mum's for some tasty curry(visit Nelly's Garden for details). Then we ate cake.

Today I had to go to work which was a really shitty way to end an otherwise perfect weekend. Having said that it wasn't too bad and now I'm home relaxing again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your week off sounds ace - I'm glad you enjoyed it and had some time to relax. I have not had w weekend off for a really long time and beginning to forget what it feels like to have consecutive days off work. must be really nice! I still have this underlying niggle that I want to pack up and go live in a tree colony somwhere sunny. Hmmmm.

Speak soon and give my love to all.

Mels. x xx

hootchinhannah said...

Hey Mel, I don't blame you for wanting to live in a tree colony. The Ewoks had a good set up in the trees. Maybe we should move to Ewok land.

Anonymous said...

Yippee - an ewok community would be super smashing! odi dog used to look like an ewok if you put a tea towel on her head. oh how I miss her!

Hope your week was ok and your not pissed off any more.

Mels.

x x