Site Meter

Monday, December 11, 2006

I Wish I could Do This

On the way home from work tonight I bumped into the Two Rons' daughter who works in Eason's. Eason's is Jamie's favourite shop in the whole of Ballymena (which says a lot about Ballymena). He can stand in there for hours looking at all the different computer magazines on sale. It also sells cards, stationery, books, sweets, cigarettes and the lottery. It can be a pretty busy shop on a Saturday afternoon. The Two Rons' daughter was telling me that she was expecting to get the hoof because of what she did one day.

She was serving 2 girls who were so busy blabbing on about what they were going to wear to Kelly's that night that they didn't hear her say that's four pound thirty-six please. So these two girls were blabbing away and a queue was forming behind them and the Two Rons' daughter asked again louder. The girl fumbled in her purse, pulled out a twenty pound note and slammed it down on the counter. The Two Rons' daughter got the girl her change and slammed it back down on the counter. The wee girl being served looked at her and says cheeky bitch. The Two Rons' daughter said that before she knew what she was doing she'd rolled the girl's recipt up into a little ball and flicked it off her forehead.

8 comments:

David Todd said...

The TV advertising for Ballymena doesn't work, but reading this would make me want to visit the 'City of the 7 Towers'

hootchinhannah said...

Y'see the adverts show the Fairhill shopping centre but this incident took place in the Tower Centre. The Tower Centre's obviously much more classy.

David Todd said...

I've seen all three ads. I heard one shopping centre is mainly for Budhists and the other for Muslims, is that true? ;-)

hootchinhannah said...

Yep. The Tower Centre is the one where all the Budhists go. The Fairhill is the one I work in.

David Todd said...

I remember when I was living up around the Ballymena area it didn't seem to me to be so segregated. It's sad to see the changes but no doubt the minority who've been housed there will get moved on elsewhere and leave the decent folk of Ballymena to live in peace.
Here endeth my sermon for the day

Nelly said...

You know she also whacked a persistent shoplifter?

I think she'd be better suited to the PSNI.

David Todd said...

Do you have to book for shows @ Easons? ;-)

hootchinhannah said...

Nah, just go in and steal something or be rude and you'll get to see it first hand.