Site Meter

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ray The Mountain

I'm ditching Gomez at my wedding for this guy. Ray Lamontagne. He's a bit like Jesus 'cos he used to be a carpenter but he's a lot more sexy than Jesus and with a voice that could melt butter. If he's not careful he can sound a bit like Michael Bolton but that's just when he's doing the schmoozy numbers. Jamie and I are thinking of seeing him at the Waterfront Hall next Saturday. It's been so long since either of us was at a gig. Zoe's beloved Dive Boy is also a fan and I asked him if he wanted to come along with us. He asked me could I not just bring him to back to their house. I told Dive Boy not to worry he'd be playing at my wedding in the woods. With Jose Gonzalez.

This is a good un too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray Lamontagne AND Jose Gonzalez!!! Did I go awfully wrong (you too Katy) or have you been evilly corrupted? Get round there quickly Zoe and transfuse Hannah witrh loads of Pixies. Or get to a gig in a small venue soon.Get Cape etc, Klaxons, Yougg Knives.
Love
Uber cool (smarty pants) dad.xxx
PS. Tell Jamie I've finally got some decent speakers for my PC.

hootchinhannah said...

I knew you wouldn't approve Dad. But why don't you like him? You're just too hardcore these days dad. Have you heard any of Hole's new stuff lately?

Mudflapgypsy said...

I am going to Mr Mountain next week. Yeehaa, as they say.

hootchinhannah said...

We're not now, as the gig has sold out. Damn him for being popular.

Anonymous said...

I saw arecent documentary about Courtney and her new stuff sounds better than R.L and J.G even if they were to combine their talents(?) and die horribly interesting deaths!
Love Dad. xxx

hootchinhannah said...

Well at least I can get someone to stick up for Courtney, even if it means dissing poor Ray and Jose.

Mudflapgypsy said...

See me blog. What a gig.