Site Meter

Thursday, May 10, 2007

New Job

On Sunday I handed in my 4 weeks notice. This was the moment I had been dreaming about, fantasising about and drooling over. I had various different speches about what I would say but when it came down to it all I said was that I am leaving because I have another job...in Thailand. One of my bestest friends in the world, Miss R. V. The Human (I have never spoke of her on my blog, not because I don't love her but because she's not a big internet fan and the idea of her being on it would surely bring her out in some kind of nasty rash) is going over this weekend. She got herself a job teaching English in Lopburi (about 3 1/2 hours North of Bangkok). She put in a good word for me and before I could say I'm off to Thailand, she'd sorted me out with a job at the same school.

So I now have 4 weeks to sort out flights, injections, visas, insurance, getting another copy of my degree certificate as I lost the original (hey, until now it was not worth the paper it was written on), visiting Dad and Katkins in Norfolk and meeting endless people for goodbye drinks.
Lopburi is famous for it's monkeys. So much so that every year a local hotelier holds a banquet for them complete with menus and waiters as a way of thanking them for bringing the tourist trade. I'm getting my rabies shot tomorrow because I am the kind of fool who thinks monkey's are cute and would be climbing the trees with them. It has also been advised that we stay away from dogs as they could be rabid too. I don't want to end up foaming at the mouth cujo style so I guess I'll have to take heed.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy excellence!

That. Just. So. Rocks!

Have the most excellent fun!

Anonymous said...

That should be fun. Enjoy it loads.

But what will you do about the spiders? I hear they've plenty of them in that part of the world.

hootchinhannah said...

Why Thankyou Mr. Taoist. It's a bit sudden but that's how I like to do things.

Shh Ed. Didn't you hear all the big poisonous spiders are camping out in Kells now, waiting to reap thir revenge on Nelly.

My boss told me that her friend came back early from the Land of Thai because something bit her and her leg swoll up ten times the siz. She still, to this day, doesn't know what bit her. But like i say, all the spiders are hanging out at Kells

Anonymous said...

Wow - only just caught up with this. I am very impressed!

Don't listen to any of that ould nonsense about spiders etc. If you don't believe in them they're not there!

David Todd said...

Well Done!
I hear that Lopburi is very similar to Cullybackey with lots of monkeys there, so the culture shock shouldn't hit that bad ;-)

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks Ganching. I will take your advice.

Cybez, Lopburi should be twinned with Cullybackey. There are monkey's here too only they're not rabid ones.

Mudflapgypsy said...

Far out.

I am tinged green with envy.

You'll be eating some, kickass food in Thailand and having the most fun a person could want, I'll wager.

Get out into the jungle, I tell ye.

hootchinhannah said...

I'm getting more excited the closer it gets. I can't believe it's actually finally happening.

David Todd said...

How many days left now?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope that you will have a lovely time, with no spiders and definitely no cockroaches.

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks Freshblade. I wish you hadn't mentioned cockroaches though. Only 5 more days to go Cybez. Starting to pancake a wee bit.

David Todd said...

Make sure you keep your blog up to date to let us know how you're getting on :-)

that's you told :-)

hootchinhannah said...

I sure will. My working day is from 8:15 to 2:30 so I'll have plenty of spare time to update.