Site Meter

Friday, June 22, 2007

Jesus Mary and Joseph

The phrase Thank God It's Friday was definitely invented for teachers.


Today I had my little darlings 2/16. The girls in this class are little sweeties and always asking for help. This is one of my smaller classes and their parents pay for extra tuition so they are a pleasure to teach. Still naughty but managable.


Then I had the Monster Class from Hell. Mostly boys with a few girls. Also year 2 but not as bright a much bigger class. They will not shut up so I have told the Head of Department. I took the names of the most naughty ones and smiled at them all on the way out of class as if I was going to get them in major trouble.

Then I had a class full of boys. Although they are better than some classes they take a lot of energy. As for Ajarn Nelly's advice on owning the classroom. Next week I plan to take control. I'm there to teach and if I don't discipline properly I can't teach them. I don't mean I'm going to start slapping them but I will make sure that the teachers know they are not behaving. They are more scared of the Thai teachers than they are me.

This weekend Romy is off to Bangkok to watch some gay men have sex. It's one of the English teacher's birthday (a girl from England) and this is what she wanted to do. I was going to go but decided not to. Not because of the gay sex but because I want to explore Lopburi on my own a little bit. I have been so busy I haven't had a minute to myself so it will be nice to take some photographs, chill and get some teaching material organised for next week. If I was doing Bangkok it would be squeezing too much in. And anyway, I'd quite like to make it my mission to never go to Bangkok ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed - the idea of standing in front of a huge group of kids and trying to teach them without speaking their language seems really scary. I think you made the right decision about the gay sex - you need to conserve your energy!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds divine - hope your weekend was good! Can't wait to see your photos.
Mel.xx

hootchinhannah said...

The camping was fantastic. There will be pictures soon. I made freinds with the cutest puppy ever.