Site Meter

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Big Bradley Boy

Obviously there are misunderstandings because of the language barrier. Brad, whose from Canada, was trying to buy an internet card from the 7/11. The girl who served him was convinced he wanted condoms. She gives him 1 pack and he says no internet card so she picks out a different pack and then a different pack. He says it one more time and a little lightbulb goes off in her head and she goes Oh! nods her head, opens a drawer and pulls out a pack of extra extra super jumbo sized condoms and looks all pleased with herself for figuring it out. I don't know if Brad actually got his internet card but he definitely did not want condoms. But I think he was secretly quite chuffed that she thought he needed the jumbo sized ones.

Today is Saturday. I am sleep deprived because of drinking last night and playing basketball at half five in the morning. I'm going to try to learn to ride a motorbike today. I'm a little scared though. But even 5 year olds ride them so I'm sure I can manage it. It's funny when your on the bus and you see people on bikes. There may be a mum, 2 kids, a dog, a guitar and the weeks grocery shopping all on one bike. People here are crazy.

I know I keep promising photos. The week after next we have Monday and Tuesday off so I will definitely get some uploaded. We were planning on going to the beach but nothing is ever for definite here. It's always a case of see what happens but that suits me. I hate planning things.

So off I go to try to learn to ride. You may never see me again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the bike riding. Me & Mikey hired a moped when we were there - we lasted 6 minutes before it got taken back & swapped for a jeep. I couldn't even hold it upright never mind ride straight. When we took the moped back the 2 thai guys had a stopwatch & appeared to be timing us. I reckon they had a bet on to see how long we would last. They happily gave us a jeep to hire & the thai man was looking at me & pointing to things & saying 'steering wheel', 'brake'. He didn't seem to care if I had ever driven before - was quite odd!
Anyway- hope you got on good - looking forward to the stories!
Lots of love,

Mel.xx x

hootchinhannah said...

Hmmmm it really isn't that easy. For some reason I thought it would be like riding a bike but that obviously isn't the case. I guy I know here Luke crashed his the other night but then he was driving the wrong way up a one way street when he was drunk.

Anonymous said...

I love wrong way up one-way street stories! It is bloody tough isn't it - I'm scared of bikes after my Thai trip. Maybe Ice can teach you/drive you around!
xx

hootchinhannah said...

That you Mel y? Missss yooou. How's the head after your drunken antics.