Site Meter

Monday, September 17, 2007

Decisions Decisions

I just don't know what to do on my holidays. I have 10 days to 2 weeks (no one ever really knows the score). Obviously I will be travelling. But where to, I don't know. North, South or both? I just don't know. I'm not trying to cram as much as possible into one trip because I know I have the whole of April to travel. Danny boy is coming when I have this holiday so obviously it depends on what he'd like to do as well. I'm thinking of just jumping on the first train I see and getting off when I'm bored of the train.

But obviously I'm gonna need some beach action at some point.

Did you here the news about the plane crash in Phuket? Toby told us nearly everyone died (he also told us this while kind of giggling but that is the Thai way). Our head of English said that it was mostly foreigners on the plane. Toby also said that something had been tampered with on the plane (or at least we think he was saying this as his English isn't too great). They're on tsunami watch as well. Perhaps the North would be a better option for a holiday.

The weekend was a funny one. Anne-Marie left on Friday and Keara and Jo left on Saturday. Everyone headed up to Bangkok for a last party but I stayed in Lopburi. I hate Bangkok. There are good things there like the jazz bar and good restaurants but you have to put up with the hassle as well. It's too expensive and I'd rather keep my money for my hols.

For the first time since being here I woke up to the rain on Saturday morning. It reminded me of home. Except at home you think there's no point getting up because it will more than likely rain all day. Here you know it will stop after an hour and everything dries quickly. It was sad saying goodbye to Keara. We've had a lot of fun over the past 3 months. We had a joke about this old guy who pushes market stalls back and forth being her No. 1. He's real sexy with his shirt off and his dislocated bottom jaw with his tongue hanging sexily out of the side of his mouth. Me and Brad have been fighting over who should get him when Keara left. I think he won the fight.

But people come and then they leave and then new people come and then they leave and that's just the way life is. I was lucky to have spent the time with those dudes and when we're all back in Ireland we'll meet. Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations of what I should do on my hols let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweet Banana. I just gor back from a weekend in Ireland which was ace. Called up to see Bert and as expected Paddy & Rosie had been off scunging so Rosie was skulking outside looking sheepish & Paddy was in the smoking room attached to the wall via a chain - it made me laugh. Didn't see Mary which was sad but I seen Bert & Pearlie, Jack & Ernie. Theres something immemsely comforting about hanging out at your house with the usual gang coming & going. It's a way of life similar to how I live here but so totally different too - I miss Cullybollox the odd time - obviously because of all you guys and not the thriving mecca C'bollox is but it is likeable in its own way. Anyway - what a long ramble. Have you decided where to go yet for holiday? Me & MiCK went to islands off the east coast - samui & phan yan - maybe there are quite far away though. I also wasn't hugely fond of Bangkok - I breathed a sigh of relief when we left.
I'm smoking & eating ice-cream when I should really be in bed for work tomorrow.
Night night from Edinburgh.
Mel. x x xx

hootchinhannah said...

I definitely will be heading for some of the Islands just don't know which yet. Also want to do a trek up north. Arrggh so much to do.

I swear those dogs are the worst dogs in Ireland. I remember the days of Danny the best dog in Ireland. Anyway, I'm still contemplating the idea of jumping on a train and getting off at some random place.

ooh, message me yr address in Edinburgh and I will send you a letter x

Danny said...

hannah dear,

it's your holiday as well so whatever you fancy doing is completely fine by me. there's only a couple of places i really fancy visiting, one of them is in bangkok i think, but if you don't want to go there, that's okay.

let's not go to phuket though...

i hope you still have people there so you are not getting lonely or anything.

love and stuff

hootchinhannah said...

Don't worry Danny boy we'll figure something out. Only 3 more weeks. Yusss! There are plenty of beaches besides Phuket so don't worry. Also thinking of doing some trekking in the jungle but I can't decide anything until closer to the time.

hootchinhannah said...

Oh, and there are still people here to keep me company. 4 new teachers starting at the same school as Brad in a few weeks.