Site Meter

Monday, November 26, 2007

I Actually Can't Think Of A Title For This Post

I was very bad and didn't go to see the monkeys ravaging their feast. Y'see it was Tobie's birthday on the Saturday night and the monkey bonanza started at 8 in the morning. We had planned to stay up all night and go to it but Tobie ended up going to bed earlier than he normally does and after there wasn't really much to stay up for. I've been a bit lazy with my camera recently but with less than 2 weeks left here I really should make an effort.

Tobie had a good birthday. I bought him a cake and he ate one mouthful of it just for me even though he hates sweet things. It was only a little cake and most of it went in Brad's belly (he was having an Oprah Winfrey moment) and some of it went in my face and some of it went in Paul's face.

This week Tobie is setting up his new bar at Pibul school. Every year for one week Lop Buri has a winter festival. There are stalls upon stalls of things to buy and all the bars in the town close while new ones are set up at the school. Tobie has been talking about this even pretty much since I got here and this year he's got Brad and I working for him. I think all we have to do is make cocktails and be there. I'm looking forward to it and I think it will be a nice way to spend my last week in Thailand.

I found out an interesting fact today. The number one selling crisps in Canada are dill pickle flavour. I guess if you like dill pickles you'd find them delicious but take it from me they're just wrong. Very wrong.

6 comments:

Nelly said...

dill pickles are yum.

hootchinhannah said...

But dill pickle crisps?!

Nelly said...

crisps stink.

hootchinhannah said...

Y'see. They're WRONG!

Anonymous said...

In Canada, they have "tomato" flavored crisps in place of "barbecue" ones. They'll also give you packets of malt vinegar instead of ketchup with your french fries (even at McDonald's).

It boggles the mind!! :)

hootchinhannah said...

Then Canadians are born with strange taste buds.