Site Meter

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Warning! Explicit Language, Your Eyes May Bleed

It's been a while since I did a blog rant. I kinda made a conscious effort to be more positive but y'know what? Fuck it. I'm gonna rant. Once again I'm disillusioned by the working world. I try to be as positive as I can about most of the jobs I do but sometimes it just gets to you. People! Stupid, incompetent, ignorant, ill-mannered, greedy, impatient, sly, stinking, rotten fuckers! Not all of them, of course, but this is my second day back at work after a week's holiday and I've just returned to chaos. Everybody wants something and they want it now. It's all about money, professionalism, pride and bollocks.

Ah, there, rant over. It does feel better to get it off my chest though. It's not that bad really. Things can always be worse. I'm lucky that it's just my job that's shitty. I'm lucky that it's a temporary job and I don't have the pressure of a career pinning me down anywhere. And as for the fuckers, I can choose not to let them annoy me. I can leave the crap behind me at five o'clock because I'm not paid to care past then.

So once again back to good things and fluffiness. Mum reminded me today that Halloween is creeping up on us. Z kindly provided me with this link to a website that shows you how to make your very own lion mask!! I don't know though. It's a wee bit too realistic and I might freak people out. I know that is the idea at Halloween but sometimes it can be taken just that bit too far. Kerm Dog springs to mind.

I would have some photos of my trip to England to plaster all over the place but I've had a huge falling out with digital technology. It wouldn't do what it was meant to do and I called it a piece of shit and it called me a bitch and said I hadn't a clue how to work it and I said that wasn't true it was purposely just being a complete twat to get at me. The fight ended in tears. But not mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK.For halloween you don't want a lion mask how incredidibly realistic it looks. you need something (if you want to go for the realism effect) that makes you look as if your face is melting or your brains are boiling ands bubbling out of your skull, or ears, or nose. any of them on that there website. just a thought. lol. dad.xxxxx

hootchinhannah said...

LOL hmmmm yum yum, melting face and brains bubbling out of my nose and ears!! Thanks for the vivid menatl images dad xxx

Musings of Mel said...

A shower of cunts some might even say - damned work. I will never come to terms with the concept - it's just fundamentally wrong.
Man - I still haven't thought of a halloween costume - better get mulling. Whatever itis I have to take it to London for work thus I'm thinking it must fit in a sitcase. Hhhmmmmmmm........
Hope you're well my love - will give ye a call n the blower soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah.Thought I'd left a message here yesterday but obviously something went wrong. We're off to Majorca for a week on Monday. Sophie sent me a text today asking me to ask you what the difference is between academic and professional journals! Could you tell her on her facebook funwall or summat? Dad xxxxx

hootchinhannah said...

A total shower of cunts Mel, I tell ye. I wish I could help you with your costume but I'm struggling with my own. Power Rangers has been suggested but I'd have to wear a tight pink jumpsuit! Eeeek!

Lucky you dad off on hols. I could do with some sunshine. I'll give Soph a shout on facebook. Give my love to everyone xxx