Site Meter

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Pearlie


Bert, Pearlie and Hannah
Originally uploaded by NellyMoser
It was Pearlie's birthday on Tuesday. She was suitably chuffed with her flowers and cards. She especially liked the card from me as I'd practically wrote an essay in it (she told me once she hated cards that said To Blah From Blah and nothing else).

This is my favourite photo of oul' Pearlie Blue. 'Tis a rare one where she actually looks happy. I look so happy because I'm clutching onto Bert's bottle of Glenfiddich Whiskey. I love Bert's "I'm such a doting son pose". You'd never think this was the same man who told his ma to move her silly oul' heid ( old head) when he was fixing her pillows. Pearlie's come-back was that if Bert maybe lived to be as old as her he might have a silly oul' heid too. I told her Bert already has one of those.

2 comments:

Musings of Mel said...

That is a good photo and Mrs Blue does indeed look rather happy! What on earth would you buy Pearlie for her birthday? A hat maybe so she don't put knickers on her head any more?
xx

hootchinhannah said...

Hee hee Mels! there's very little point in buying Pearlie anything for she hates everything and nothing is of any use to her anymore.