Site Meter

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Lovely Sax

I was talking to Mel the other night. She was telling me how she'd paid a fortune for glasses lenses and it gutted her. I wonder how many people actually say "I should have gone to Specsavers" because I know I have. Everything's just a money spin. But how we both laughed as I reminisced about the time I went to trade in my old sax for the new one just after having a tooth pulled. I was in such horrendous pain that I heard the right numbers, I just got them the wrong way round.

I went home all chuffed with myself saying to Bert (who was there and witnessed the part exchange) how brilliant it was that I got a new sax for £80. Then Bert informed me that, no, they'd paid me £80 for my old sax and I'd bought the new one for £200. I didn't believe him 'til I pulled out my card receipt. I was pretty gutted. Then again, I had a new saxophone to console myself with. A lovely saxophone. That gets played once every few months. By Bert.

2 comments:

Musings of Mel said...

Hahaha - I will laugh forever at our number problems. I swear I have number dyslexia - at work my boss will say 'Write down 646' and I write down 464. It makes life tough - I should never deal with budgets.

I bloody should have went to Specasvers though I would be £100 richer. I also still have an eye twtich - 3 weeks dude! What the hell! My £134 glasses lenses aren't helping. Pah!
xx

hootchinhannah said...

Aw man, I don't even know how we made it this far!