Site Meter

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Missed My Pub

Well, Ballymena hasn't changed much since I left. But that's how I wanted it to be. Just the same. It was lovely seeing my man for the first time in 7 weeks. I was so nervous about seeing him it felt like a first date, which we never really had before so that was a whole new experience. He had an assortment of malty treats waiting for me which, of course, included a Malteaster Bunny. I went to my local pub on Friday and caught up with a lot of friendly faces. If only I could have taken that pub, and the people in it, to South America! Everyone was glad to see me home safe and sound.

My time this week has been dedicated to building a set of drawers. The task itself was easy enough but it took me a couple of days because of extended breaks for drinking coffee with guests and babysitting Martha Amy. My beautiful niece seems to think I'm an alright person now and doesn't cry immediately after being placed in my arms. She has grown quite a bit since I last seen her and is at the stage where everything has to be looked at, felt and then put in her mouth to see how it tastes. Zoe, Martha and I have a trip to Dublin planned in April. I realised that there's so much of Ireland I want to see let alone the rest of the world.

Pearlie seems suitably pleased to have me back. I don't think I actually gave her time to miss me properly but she is pleased that I'm back all the same. The dogs are glad to have another feeder on hand. Bonnie isn't shy about letting me know that she's hungry. Neither are the cats. Fat Face Freddy spent my first night here lying at the bottom of my bed. He must have known that I'd missed him.

So all in all I'm glad to be home. All of a sudden the days are much shorter. I'm not worrying about what I can do to fill my time. I've got an application form for Student Support up at Queen's. I used to do this job in Stoke and I really loved it so if I could get a wee gig here, even if it's up in Belfast, I'd love it. It's kinda the wrong time of year because student's don't have much need for support worker's in the summer but if I can get my foot in the door for September it would be fine. I could get a temporary job for the summer doing whatever. I'm sure things will all fall into place for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a snppy snaps opened in norwich if u get desperate.xxxxx

hootchinhannah said...

LOL cheers (dad, I presume) I'll bear that in mind. Is there still a lot of roadkill in Norfolk? They could employ me to scrape it off the roads!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
Sorry things didn't work out but you're back safe and sound and in time for your birthday. Guess who this is? I like the Clash alot and the lead singer of sublime offered me 50 quid for my Nirvana t-shirt once! Paul has shown me how to find youe blog.

Using a very worn keyboard so can't see what I'm tupinh.

If you have a phone number would be great to speak to you again. may be over at some time soon too. Hope the clues have not been too obscure, PS have gviten up drimking hic xxx

hootchinhannah said...

Haha, sounds like a Dave of the Gravy kind. I don't believe for one minute that you've given up drinking though. Yeh, it's good to be home. I have a new number which I will send to you somehow, I'm thinking telepathically might be the easiest. Good to hear from you and definitely let me know if you're planning a wee excursion over here xx