Site Meter

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dog Treats and Dresses

Well, it's been pretty quiet here in Hannah Land for a while. I say quiet but this isn't true. There's always a lot going on behind the scenes but nothing that's really bloggable.

I had a job interview today. I think it went reasonably well but I'm never one to set myself up for a fall. The fact is that there's one post and everyone's looking for work at the minute. It may well just boil down to someone having more experience. But you have to be in it to win as they say.

It's Bert's 50 plus one birthday tomorrow so I called in at the International shop down in Harryville and bought him a jar of pickled nonsense. He got some wine and biscuits too (in my head I'm saying bisk-wits because of that Fox's panda advert).

I also got some treats for the dogs and cats, a crossword puzzle book for Pearlie and some copies of an old photograph for mum. So that's the whole house sorted. I also went and got me a dress for Katy's wedding. I might end up bringing it back tomorrow though as the thought of even trying it on again, let alone wearing it out in public, is making me feel nervous. And cold.

This day next week me and my boy will be going to Madrid. Hooray!!! He's never been on a plane before and is a little scared. I have the perfect cure for that though. It's called whiskey ;) I have a feeling it's going to be a lovely wee trip away.

No comments: