Site Meter

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Excercising The Power Of My Will

So, this week I have decided to not eat bread. And next week I will not eat any sugar. I have decided to excercise my will power. It had got a bit fat and lazy over the past couple of months. Bread is a hard one for me to give up, even if it's only for a week. When I was in Thailand my biggest craving was always for a nice tasty sandwich. Or some of Zoe's delicious buns.

Part of my reason for doing this is to give myself a weekly challenge and to prove to myself that giving things up doesn't have to be so difficult. Sometimes the thought of something is worse than doing it. I had let cigarette's creep back into my life. It started off as the odd one when I was drinking. Then I started to have a couple of cheeky sober ones. So this week the giving up of bread is also acting as a distraction from the fact that I'm giving up smoking again. There is always a method to my madness. Though the week I give up dairy products should be fun but not as much fun as the week I give up coffee!

2 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

As long as the result at the end is you have given up smoking then go for it. Smoking is not good for you and a bit on the pricey side these days.

I don't smoke but no way I could give up decent bread or sugar or cheese

hootchinhannah said...

Nearly a full week of no bread. The non smoking has been a lot easier than I thought too. Yaay!