Site Meter

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The Quiz Master

When I was teaching in Thailand the other teachers and I would meet up at Tobie's bar for the a quiz night. It was always a Thursday and we each took it in turns to be the host. I remember when it was my turn I designed a quiz I thought was going to be really easy for everyone. It ended up being really hard. I found a draft of some of the questions I had came up with today and was rather amused by some of them. And, of course, I will share:

Section 5: Randomness

1. How many people a year are killed by vending machines falling on top of them?

2. What way do windmills turn; clockwise or anti-clockwise?

3. What is a 'palindrome'?

4. Originally, what colour was Coca-Cola?

5. What is the longest recorded flight of a chicken?



Section 6: Fact or Fiction:

1. A cockroach can live 9 days without it's head before it will starve to death.

2. A duck's quack doesn't echo.

3. In a public house, a landlord cannot refuse to serve a customer unless they have rang the bell for 'last orders'.

4. A scrambled egg made from the egg of an ostrich has to be made in a frying pan with a diameter of no less than 42 inches.

5/ All polar bears are left handed.


I will provide answers in a few days but if you really need to know before then you can always google it :)

2 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I had a friend who was once on a plane with a load of live chickens.... Does that count

Jakes said...

Randomness ones are nearly all too hard. I only know the palindrome one, really funny though!

Stephen fry once told me(personally of course) that a duck quack does echo. Cockroaches will probably die instantly, osterich eggs are likely that big, i'd say the landlord one is true. I've never seen a polar bear play a banjo(shame) so i dunno if they're right or lefties.

That was fun and didn't use google(you'll see as i probably got them all wrong).