Site Meter

Friday, September 20, 2013

Back To School

I nearly hate to say it, because if I say it I might end up scudding myself, but things are starting to pick up for me. I am one of these people who takes a step forward and then takes two steps back. I don't mean to but that's what always happens.

So the good news is that I'm starting the counselling course next week. I am super excited to finally get the ball rolling after so many years. There is no point in wishing that I had started years ago because the time just wasn't right for me. And whether or not this is the start of a career for me is hard to say right now but, work aside, I know that I will gain a lot form this course. It's nice to be able to say that I'm doing something with my life.

Other progress is being made. I have mentioned about accidentally writing a book. Before I started to write it I had half written a children's story called Freddy and the Fox based on the unusual sighting of my mum's cat and a fox down the back lane. I blogged about this a while back. After doing a lot of 'therapeutic' writing I was able to go back to the story and finish it. I has been lying gathering dust on my laptop's hard drive for quite some time now because I was channelling all my energy into my book. Of course Freddy and the Fox is not a story complete without illustrations. So K has been in cahoots with an illustrator from Romania and we have been given a sample drawing. It's very strange and exciting to see how someone visualises your words.

Today I have a lot to do. I have to enrol at the college and pay the first instalment of my course fee. I then have to go for a driving lesson. I don't dread my lessons the way I used to. When I come home I have to get stuck into some studying, both driving theory and the handouts I've been given for the counselling course. It's a good job I had all that spare time to myself last year because I think I'm going to be very busy for the next wee while.

5 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

Hang in there with the positive thoughts and I hope it all goes to plan.

I would like to turn my slightly odd blog diary into a book, but it is getting far to long now at just over 500,000 words. However I would not have a clue where to start anyway so will remain a blog diarist for now...

Tuesday Kid said...

Excellent news on all counts Hannah. Good luck with everything!

ganching said...

Really pleased to hear this. I'm sure you'll enjoy going back to school.

Also looking forward to reading your book.

leitrim aunt said...

you are indeed a busy woman. I hope the course goes well and I am uber excited about the book when might a draft be ready?

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks everyone! Rob, you could just pick the very best bits of your blog and publish them.

Leitrim Aunt, a draft of both are ready now but only in digital format.