Site Meter

Monday, May 04, 2015

Talkin' About A Revolution

Today, I reckoned, seemed like as good a day as any to start a revolution. I proposed this idea to a work colleague. He said there was no point, a revolution would never happen. I told him this was precisely the reason why a revolution would never happen. because noone believes it can happen. Another colleague was complaining of money problems. I told her we were long overdue a revolution. "Yes, but it will never happen in our lifetime", she replied. Again, I told her that the revolution would never happen because people are so beat down (just the way they want us to be) that nobody has faith in the "power of the people". It is a perfect time for a revolution with the politically fractious climate we're living in.

I spread further word of the revolution. Some were optimistic, like me. Some people didn't know what a revolution was. I explained, "You know, that thing that people are always singing about - Tracy Chapman, The Beatles, 4 Non Blondes. Che Guevara started one." This lead to a discussion about cuban cigars. I pointedout that smoking cigars did not constitute a revolution. It was not that simple. So how do you start a revolution? Write a song about starting one? Or write a song about talking about songs about a revolution? And then do we just run, and keep on running until we've established that, yes, a revolution has been started?



3 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

revolutions are hard to get going, then folk have a habit a stealing them for there own ends. Then it sort of goes wrong and those leading the revolution get corrupted by power and before you can say. . . Viva Dun Vegas the folk police have turned up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_TdfGa8ALQ

hootchinhannah said...

Again! Exactly the problem why I can not get a revolution kick started....people associate them with a lot of effort with no real reward.

Rob, this revolution will be different...

Rob Z Tobor said...

:)