Site Meter

Sunday, September 27, 2015

In The Hedgerow

Music night was quiet last night with just Jakers and I blasting out a few tunes. I played him a new song I'd written and he was very sweet with his feedback. I still don't take it too seriously because all I have are the bare bones of song writing. Then again, isn't that how all songs start out?

I've started to do a bit more writing in general which is good. Every once in a while I feel very passionately about my writing and I want it to "go places". Where, I'm not exactly sure because the world is getting so full up of stuff that sometimes it feels like there's no room for any more words, or songs, or pictures. After spending time in Connemara I realise that I could happily retreat there and plug into the wild, rustic nature to inspire some kind of book. I think I'd like to live in a hedgerow.

As always, when I fill my days with creative pursuits there is not so much left over for my blog. My wee dried-up diary! And isn't it funny how I have grown to become so affectionate about it? I speak of my blog as an actual 'thing' when all it really is is a part of me. So, I guess it's kind of good and positive to feel affectionate towards it.

Here's a picture of the treehouse drawn by me and coloured in by M.

2 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I am not convinced about living in a hedgerow I am more a detached shrub sort of chap. . . . . . . HAH AHAH ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha

I too am very attached to my blog although I think it is getting weirder as time passes

hootchinhannah said...

Lol Mr Rob....our blogs are like our gardens and we must nurture them, water our thoughts, weed out the bad ones, talk to the flowers and let the insects come visit and gather some nectar!

Weird is good. Better than normal :)